Families Affected by Domestic Abuse (FABDA) in 2018
The FABDA Counselling Service is a free service funded by the National Lottery Community Fund. People who have experienced domestic abuse can be hard to engage as they feel marginalised due to feelings of shame and low self-esteem. A priority of Simply Counselling is to find clients the right counsellor who they can trust as we believe the quality of the therapeutic relationship will lead to the most successful outcome. We work hard to overcome any barriers clients may have to access and engage in important and much needed counselling. We offer 15 one to one sessions and there is the opportunity to transfer from FABDA to the unlimited counselling service after the 15 sessions.
- Provided 181 assessment appointments and 164 (90%) were attended.
- We work very hard to support our clients to overcome any barriers to counselling including a Support Worker and a 3D interactive film tour of our premises.
- We worked with 177 clients.
- Provided 1221 therapy sessions and 1139 (93%) were attended.
- The sessions included: 98 ‘parent and child’ sessions (43 individuals or 18 Family units) with an attendance rate of 97%; 41 therapy groups sessions (4 groups for 34 individuals) with an attendance rate of 100%; and 12 parenting group sessions (1 group for 8 people) with attendance rate of 100%.
- Provided 16 drop in sessions at Plymouth Domestic Abuse Service and 10 (63%) were attended.
- There are unseen benefits of our work as the benefits ripple out in improved relationships with children, families, friends and communities.
- The success of our counselling services is a testament to our staff and our wonderful volunteer counsellors. The outcomes for our clients could not have been achieved without their time and commitment to getting it right for our clients.
- Simply Counselling continues to place a great emphasis on supervision and the training of our volunteer counsellors.
- The benefit of quality supervision and training is evident in the high engagement and low non-attendance rates of our clients.
- The project consists of therapy for individuals, ‘parent and child’, therapygroups and parents with a focus on improving the lives of children.
- Families in the FABDA service have the opportunity to do some exciting work with Plymouth Music Zone.
What clients in the Families Affected by Domestic Abuse Service told us:
How worried were you about coming for counselling?
Average Score: 3.4 out of 5 (1 = Not Worried. 5 = Very Worried)
How well did we help you deal with the worry of coming to counselling?
Average Score: 4.4 out of 5 (1 =Did Not Help. 5 = Helped a-lot)
How comfortable were you whilst having your sessions at Simply?
Average Score: 4.6 out of 5 (1 = Not Comfortable. 5 = Very Comfortable)
How would you rate your relationship with your counsellor?
Average Score: 4.9 out of 5 (1 = Not good. 5 = Very Good)
How much do you feel your counselling at Simply has helped you cope?
Average Score: 4.8 out of 5 (1 = Not At All. 5 = Helped a-lot)
How much is your counselling at Simply Counselling helping you to explore new opportunities, such as paid or unpaid work, better relationships, better social life etc?
Average Score: 4.5 out of 5 (1 = Not At All. 5 = Helped a-lot)
Can you tell us how much counselling is helping your self-esteem (how you feel about yourself)?
Average Score: 4.3 out of 5 (1 = It didn’t help. 5 = It helped a-lot)
Has counselling helped you to understand yourself better?
Average Score: 4.5 out of 5 (1 = It didn’t help. 5 = It helped a-lot)
Would you recommend Simply to friend or family?
Average Score: 5 out of 5 (1 = No. 5 = Yes)
Is/Has coming to counselling helped you?
Yes: 100% No: 0%