Simply Counselling in 2018:
We offer a paying counselling service based on a sliding scale of household income. A priority of Simply Counselling is to find clients the right counsellor who they can trust as we believe the quality of the therapeutic relationship will lead to the most successful outcome. We work hard to overcome any barriers clients may have to access and engage in important and much needed counselling.
- Worked with 311 individual clients in the generic counselling service.
- Provided 2850 counselling sessions.
- 2779 sessions were attended (98% attendance rate).
- Provided 271 assessment appointments.
- 259 were attended (96% attendance rate).
- We work very hard to support our clients to overcome any barriers to counselling.
- The success of our counselling services is a testament to our staff and our team of wonderful volunteer counsellors. The outcomes for our clients could not have been achieved without their time and commitment to getting it right for our clients.
- We place a great emphasis on supervision and the training of our volunteer counsellors.
- The benefit of quality supervision and training is evident in the high engagement and low non-attendance rates.
- When volunteer counsellors leave many go on to set up private practices or gain employment with our partner agencies.
- Simply Counselling plays an important role in the development of counselling resources and employment in Devon and Cornwall.
- Relational counselling is the heart of Simply Counselling. We offer one-to-one humanistic person-centred counselling sessions with a professional volunteer counsellor.
- The generic counselling service can be unlimited.
- In the Families Affected by Domestic Abuse (FABDA) Project we offer 15 sessions. There is the opportunity to transfer from FABDA to the unlimited counselling service after the 15 sessions.
What clients told us about their experience at Simply Counselling in 2018:
How worried were you about coming for counselling?
Average Score: 2.5 out of 5 (1 = Not Worried. 5 = Very Worried)
How well did we help you deal with the worry of coming to counselling?
Average Score: 4.6 out of 5 (1 =Did Not Help. 5 = Helped a-lot)
How comfortable were you whilst having your sessions at Simply?
Average Score: 4.9 out of 5 (1 = Not Comfortable. 5 = Very Comfortable)
How would you rate your relationship with your counsellor?
Average Score: 5 out of 5 (1 = Not good. 5 = Very Good)
How much do you feel your counselling at Simply has helped you cope?
Average Score: 4.7 out of 5 (1 = Not At All. 5 = Helped a-lot)
How much is your counselling at Simply Counselling helping you to explore new opportunities, such as paid or unpaid work, better relationships, better social life?
Average Score: 4.3 out of 5 (1 = Not At All. 5 = Helped a-lot)
Can you tell us how much counselling is helping your self-esteem (how you feel about yourself)?
Average Score: 4.1 out of 5 (1 = It didn’t help. 5 = It helped a-lot)
Has counselling helped you to understand yourself better?
Average Score: 4.5 out of 5 (1 = It didn’t help. 5 = It helped a-lot)
Would you recommend Simply to friend or family?
Average Score: 4.9 out of 5 (1 = No. 5 = Yes)
Is/Has coming to counselling helped you?
Yes: 97% No: 3%